Bollywood Buzz

HOUSEFULL would be Akshay’s biggest hit

housefullDirector Sajid Khan is extremely confident about HOUSEFULL, first major release of Summer 2010, turning out to be the biggest ever hit of its lead actor Akshay Kumar and he doesn’t mind letting the world know about it well in advance.

“I have a very strong intuition that HOUSEFULL would be Akshay’s biggest hit till date. Yes, people do ask me how can I say that. After all Akshay and others have delivered so many hits over a period of time. See, the fact is that I am just a 2% director. For the remaining 98%, I am a blockbuster audience at heart. I watch movies 24X7 and literally breathe, drink, eat and live cinema. I know exactly what people want and how they want to see a film. I represent my audience and I am them. This is why I believe, for all the right reasons, that I am a much bigger audience than film maker”, details Sajid who has been associated with the world of movies, either on the big screen or the small screen for more than a decade now.

This is the reason why he is not particularly fond of publicity material which comes as ‘XYZ – A Film by ABC’.

“Sorry to say but the moment a film’s poster says anything like that, it means that perhaps a director is placing himself over and above the film”, he reasons, “Sometimes film makers loose track because people around them start stating – ‘Oh, what a great director’. I don’t want to be treated like that and this is why none of my films would ever be called – ‘A Sajid Khan film’. The tagline will always read plain and simple – ‘Directed by Sajid Khan’.”

HOUSEFULL would be seeing a massive theatrical release on Friday, 30th April, with paid previews a day earlier. The film would arrive at the time when IPL matches would be through. With music by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, lyrics by Sameer and screenplay by Milap Zaveri, HOUSEFULL stars Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone, Riteish Deshmukh, Arjun Rampal, Lara Dutta, Jiah Khan, Boman Irani, Chunkey Pandey and Randhir Kapoor in principal roles with Malaika Arora Khan in a special appearance.

Tagged , , , , , ,

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *