MASALA DOSA REVIEW, With Extra Spicy Masala – 2.0/5.0
Haan sajjano, sajjaniyo, aagaya waan apna sada hua review likhan .. chalo, aage aage padiyo ..
And .. no disrespect intended, but Arun, Raghu, Pacifist, and the rest: 150 CRORE?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA … ARUN KAHAAN GAYA HAI TU YAAR, KAAM PER OVERTIME KAR RAHE HO AAJKAL JO RA.ONE KE BAAD IDHER NAZAR NAHIN AAYE??
Shah Rukh Khan, paaji, gal sun .. Main teri izzat karna waan, but when you release a movie, don’t release it because your 11-year-old son approves it(just like you do in the movie with regards to video games haha!). Release karne se pehle kisi mature, adult bande ki opinion le kar release kia karo na.
Story and script:
You all know the story; a video game meshes together with real life, and all hell breaks loose. Interesting concept, but flaws in execution. Plus loooads of stuff is borrowed from here and there, which I will get into in a min. The script in general is not THAT strong. It’s a big film, lots of money has been spent on making it, lots of money spent on marketing, but when you watch it, you feel it lacks the ‘it’-factor which a major film should possess. Movies like “3 Idiots”, “Munna Bhai”, “Once Upon a Time in Mumbai”, “Raajneeti”, “Singham”, they all had strong scripts, “Ra.One” lacks it. In the beginning of the film it looks promising, but after about 50-60 minutes the whole movie is just centered around G.One, Ra.One, the weird Japanese-looking kid, and Kareena. And it’s mostly about Ra.One chasing Lucifer, and then G.One chasing Ra.One, and then a loooooong video game fight scene in the end between G.One and Ra.One. I bet lots of people were bored by that scene. It was overdone. Fight scene between SRK and Sanjay Dutt was nice though! Good thing they put in the “emotional” factor when Yanna Rascala version of SRK dies, sad song and all that stuff, nice attempt at putting in the traditional emo-Bollywood stuff, but I don’t feel it quite works.
The movie was a bit predictable, dragged too much after about 1:15 hours.
One positive though, the action scenes and FX was nice, enjoyed that(except the fight scene in the end, kuchh zyada hi lamba tha) .. There was also too much focus on that kid of SRK, made it feel like a bacha party film .. which made me nauseous.
By the way, aajkal ke bache kuchh zyada hi genius nahin paida horahe? At least, that’s what Ra.One depicts! SRK’s kid works with advanced IT-stuff and engineering shhit in the movie, I was like wtf, this kid knows stuff that a scientist first learns after studying for several years at a high level?? GENIUS BACHA.
South Indian Shahrukh(Subramaniam Shekhar/Yanna Rascala): Was OKAY, but didn’t seem THAT natural.
Shahana Goswami: DAMN, you’re fine! And a good actress too, but didn’t have a very important role. The only reason you’re number 2 on my acting-review list is because of hotness-factor. Phew, felt nice to get that out of the system.
Kareena: Hmmm, the acting was good, BUT, her character seemed kind of misplaced, I dunno. And it seemed she was almost about to fall in love with a video game character, LMAO.
Shahrukh ka bacha: You keep complaining in the movie that your dad is “not cool”, “geeky”, “needs a makeover” blabla. If I were Shahrukh’s character I know I’d be saying the exact same about you, son. Baal katwa apne. And seriously, koi beta apne baap ki itni disrespect karta hai?? His character needs to be a taught a lesson, bigda hua lullu bacha.
G.One: SRK played this character better than he played Mr. Yanna Rascala with the curly hair.
Ra.One: Best act in the movie. Arjun Rampal, hands down, is GREAT at playing villain characters. His look, voice and build contributes to it.
Meh. I liked the 70’s-ish background music “REEEERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!”, but the rest was so-so. Yeah okay Chhammak Chhalo was good too, but baaki bakwas.
1) When Ra.One breaks out of the video game in the beginning, he takes on the appearance of Yanna Rascala’s colleague, and puts on sunglasses + black coat, boots, oiled n combed back hair —> for some reason that reminded me A LOT of Keanu Reeves + Carrie Anne Moss in the Matrix
2) Ra.One chasing Kareena and Prateek(the kid), 1 hour into the movie, whilst they are in the Volkswagen sexy as fcuk Jeep, that was sooo taken from Terminator 2 when T-1000 chases the kid and his mother(who coincidentally too are in a car). Ra.One’s running style + speed(he’s able to outrun a Ferrari) was also strikingly similar to T-1000’s.
3) Same as point no. 2. While Ra.One chases Kareena and Prateek, he jumps into the air and the whole motion he does there is very similar to sequences from The Matrix.
4) Whenever Ra.One blows up, he assembles together precisely like T-1000 does in Terminator 2.
5) G.One and Ra.One’s first real-life confrontation(with the cars being thrown back and forth). The way they jump into the air towards, intending to attack each other, is taken straight out of The Matrix, ala Neo vs Agent Smith. The way they move + the slow-motion thingy, is pure Matrix stuff.
There’s probably more, but that’s all I could think of right now …