25 things you didn’t know about Salman Khan
The country’s biggest superstar completes 25 years in the industry on 22nd August 2013.The son of actor and screenwriter Salim Khan, Khan began his acting career with Biwi Ho To Aisi but it was his second film Maine Pyar Kiya in which he acted in a lead role that garnered him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. Khan has starred in several commercially successful films, such as Saajan (1991), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Karan Arjun (1995), Judwaa (1997), Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998), Biwi No.1 (1999), and Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999), having appeared in the highest grossing film nine separate years during his career, a record that remains unbroken.
In the 25 years since Biwi Ho Toh Aisi, Salman’s career graph has oscillated between box office duds like Sanam Bewafa, Love and Veer; critical successes like Saajan, Khamoshi, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Tere Naam; and superhits like Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Hum Saath Saath Hain, Biwi No. 1, Partner and his recent run of five back-to-back blockbusters – Dabangg, Ready, Bodyguard, Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2 We tell you 25 things that you didn’t know about him.
1. He uses a mulmul cloth to wipe his nose. You will never find him with a handkerchief.
2. The only time he gave marriage a serious thought was when he dated Somy Ali.
3. He has often rued the fact that Bandra Bandstand is devoid of as many trees as before. He plans to plant more trees around in that area.
4. He often lands up on the set without taking a bath. He freshens up on the set in his van
5. Salman worked as an assistant director after he dropped out of St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. He even tried his hand at modelling before acting.
6. Till a few years ago Salman never had anyone to manage his finances. He would get a cheque which he would hand over to his dad. But now he has got professional people to plan his financial matters.
7. He is friends with all his ex girlfriends except one. Which one is not hard to guess? He has also accepted that all his relationships have failed because of him.
8. He was the first choice to play the lead in Baazigar
9. Salman never reads the reviews of his films.
10. According to a source he also does not watch Katrina Kaif’s films.
11. Once he spotted a man with huge skin eruptions on his face. He called him and asked him about it and referred him to a doctor to get the problem treated all at his expense.
12. Once during the shoot of Wanted, four sweeper women from Filmcity came to ask him for saris. He asked them for the count of the total number of women sweepers in the studio and then promptly send a unit hand to purchase 35 saris.
13. He has never felt awkward working with actresses half his age. The only time he felt awkward was when he worked with Kareena Kapoor in Kyun Ki because he had seen her as a little kid in frocks on his set when he used to work with Karisma Kapoor.
14. He hates shooting outdoors. Any place close to home is good for him.
15. The actor who was earlier known for not arriving on the set before 2 pm now is there by 12 pm.
16. Once when he was to shoot for a Mountain Dew ad abroad early morning and he was still asleep, his business manager Reshma Shetty screamed at him and just shook him out of the bed. He listens to her like an obedient school boy. Reshma is his sister Alvira’s school friend.
17. Salman learnt painting from his mother Salma, who used to paint earlier.
18. Salman’s father has often told him, “Tera har problem raat ke gyarah baje se lekar subha ke teen baje ke beech mein hota hai”
19. At any given point of time there is excess food of 25 people that is packed for him. There are just too many people who visit him on the set.
20. Known for his generosity and charitable acts once an old lady queued up outside his house asking for a computer for her son, since she couldn’t afford one. He just called out his house help, “Arey woj jo laptop mujhe kisine diya tha, main kya karoonga uska, inko de do.”
21. When he is not shooting, he prefers to stay at his farmhouse.
22. Once he did an hour long interview with a journalist all over again at his home as late as 1 pm in the night since there was a technical glitch with the journalist’s recorder.
23. He has plans to remake one film that his father Salim Kahn has written but he refuses to tell us which one.
24. He once said that although he had hosted shows on TV he would never be able to host an award function. He proved himself wrong when last year he hosted the Apsara Awards.
25. Salman had written three scripts before he became an actor. They are Baaghi, Chandra Mukhi and Veer.
Tagged Salman Khan