Bollywood Buzz

The unwitting victims of Salman Khan’s hit-and-run case

The makers of ‘Kick’ have become the unwitting victims of Salman Khan’s legal troubles. The film’s team is currently in the UK waiting for their leading actor whose visa was rejected by the British embassy last week. Salman re-applied and got the visa four days ago but he is still in India.

The schedule was supposed to kickstart on July 27 but has been irrevocably delayed. The situation looks set to get worse with the next hearing in the hit-and-run case against the actor looming on August 19.

Sajid Nadiadwala, producer-director of the film flew to the UK in the last week of July and has been waiting there for Sallu with the rest of the cast and crew. And the stay is eating into the film’s budget. When contacted, Salim Khan, said that Salman will leave for the UK on Sunday or Monday. “But if he doesn’t get a court exemption he may have to come back for the hearing slated for August 19,” he added.

In that case, Sajid will have to cool his heels in the UK until Sallu returns. “Films do have their share of ups and downs. This is one such,” Salim replied when asked about the film’s fate.

While a source from the industry says that Nadiadwala has shot a few scenes with Jacqueline Fernandez and Randeep Hooda in Salman’s absence, the film’s schedule has suffered a big setback. “Salman is in most of the scenes. Without him, it is not easy to make much headway in the film,” the source told Mirror.


You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *