When Amitabh Bachchan lost his temper on co-actor who heckled Rekha
Some celebrities are invariably troubled with controversies, which are much more bigger in magnitude than other comparatively smaller controversies in B-town and Rekha is by all means, no exception to this particular kind of Hornet’s nest! Whether it is her personal or professional life, the actor has made it to every tabloids’ headlines for doing what many of her image-conscious contemporaries couldn’t ever.
Rekha has lived an enigmatic life ever since she entered Bollywood. The diva’s story is just like a Bollywood movie. She remained controversy’s favorite child. She acted in movies which other actresses feared to do and posed for magazines in a way that raised eyebrows.
It is said that Amitabh and Rekha’s alleged affair was leaked, when once Amitabh Bachchan lost his temper on a very close co-star, who heckled Rekha. A lot commotion happened on the sets of the film, in which all three starred together.
Here we bring you a lowdown on the sexy sirens few top controversies as follows:1. In 70’s, when almost all the leading actresses had qualms about screen kissing scenes, Rekha became the first lady who had no inhibitions in kissing Biswajit on his lips for the film “Anjaana Safar”. This scene helped her gain huge publicity and a much-needed boost to her career graph.
2. Rekha courted controversy when she agreed to be part of “Utsav”. The story revolved around a courtesan, Vasantasena (Rekha), and her meeting with a poor Brahman man, Charudatta (Shekhar Suman), in Ujjain. The movie grabbed everyone’s attention for its controversial content.
3. A photoshoot of Rekha that created a stir was her hot photoshoot with actress Kajol. The two actresses posed for the cover of Cineblitz wearing nothing but a sweater, and to make things worse, they slipped into the same sweater.
4. While Rekha in several interviews have mentioned that she admires Amitabh Bachchan a lot and loves him the way the whole country does. But Amitabh has never spoken about her in any of his interviews.It is said that their love started on the sets of the film Do Anjaane. This film also transformed Rekha’s image from an ugly South Indian to a Bollywood beauty. Amitabh and Rekha have many films together ” Khoon Pasina, Ganga Ki Saugandh, Suhaag, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Ram Balram, Mr. Natwarlal and Silsila. During the initial days of their so-called affair, the couple used to meet in a bungalow that belonged to Rekha’s friend.
But their affair got noticed when Big B lost his temper on one of his fellow co-actor who heckled Rekha while they were shooting for Ganga Ki Saugandh. After this incident, their affair got noticed in public and grabbed media attention. There were rumours that Amitabh and Rekha got married as she turned up at Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh’s wedding wearing sindoor and mangalsutra. It is said that she captured all the limelight that night. Silsila was Amitabh and Rekha’s last film together. It is believed that the real life story was shot in reel and it was sort of a coup for Yash Chopra who managed the casting of Amitabh, Jaya and Rekha. The film portrays the love triangle between the characters of Amitabh, Jaya and Rekha in the film. In an exclusive BBC interview, Yash Chopra had revealed about this love affair. He admitted that the affair was definitely going strong before they began filming Silsila, which co-incidentally mirrored the real life drama. Chopra said, “I was always on tenterhooks and scared (during Silsila) because it was real life coming into reel life. Jaya is his wife and Rekha is his girlfriend and the same story is going on (in real life). Anything could have happened because they are working together.” It is said that Rekha never wanted to settle down with the tag of the ‘other woman’ in Amitabh’s life. She realised she has no future in this relationship. And today the Bachchans’ and Rekha continue to snub each other at parties and award functions. The glamour attached to Amitabh, Rekha and Jaya is such that till today when they are seen at any award function, the camera never fails to capture their reaction towards each another.
5. On paper, Rekha married only once. She tied the knot with industrialist Mukesh Aggarwal in 1990. However, the marriage came to an abrupt end when Aggarwal committed suicide in 1991. Rekha was in America when Aggarwal killed himself. However, the twist in the tale is that the actress confessed later in an interview, that she had been in “two failed marriages.” She also said that the second marriage was with Aggarwal. So, who is her first husband?
6. In 2010, Rekha stunned everyone when she hugged rival Jaya at the launch of Rajadhyksha’s Marathi coffee table book “Chehre” (Faces). While Jaya took some time to realize what exactly had happened, photographers were elated to have captured the ‘historic’ moment. According to what was reported, Rekha was warm, but Jaya remained bitter towards her throughout the function.
7. Desperate to mend her relationship with Amitabh and Jaya that went sour for the reason we all know, Rekha made an effort to greet Amitabh Bachchan at at the 54th Idea Filmfare Awards in 2009 too. For the uninitiated, the story goes like this. As soon as the function ended, Rekha greeted SRK, who bowed to her in respect. She then kissed Abhishek Bachchan and hugged Aishwarya. When she was just about to greet Amitabh Bachchan, he walked away. But did this instance help Rekha realize the need to distance herself from the Bachchans? Not really!