Aishwarya@40: Many firsts & 10 things you didn’t know about her
Beautiful, gorgeous, elegant…. adjectives fail to capture Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s magnificent beauty. Truly she is Khayalo Ki Mallika…. of every youth. On November 1, 2013 Aishwarya Rai turns 40. BollyGuide.Com wishes a very happy birthday to her and looks at the many firsts that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has achieved in her short span of his career and some little known facts that only a true fan would know.
Here are the 10 things you didn’t know about her:1. Aishwarya’s first commercial was for Camlin pencils when she was only in standard IX.
2. As a young model, Aishwarya once had a close encounter with actress Rekha in a Mumbai grocery store. Rekha recognized Ash from her ads, tapped her on the shoulder and wished her all the best.
4. Aishwarya’s favourite film is Casablanca, starring Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart.
5. She collects watches and hates jewellery!
6. A limited edition range of Barbie dolls inspired by Aishwarya was released in Britain in 2005. The dolls were sold out within minutes and are now considered collectibles.
7. Aishwarya was once rejected for a TV serial dubbing job before she became famous.
8. In 2005, Hugh Hefner tried and failed to create an Indian, no-nudity version of Playboy magazine featuring Aishwarya on the first cover.
9. Aishwarya and Aamir were invited to lunch with then US President George W Bush when he visited in India in 2006. Ash could not attend because she was filming Dhoom 2 in Brazil.
10. She once caused a day long traffic jam in Dubai where she was filming a soap commercial. Dubai’s roads were blocked with fans who wanted a glimpse of Ash.
Here are the many firsts of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan!
– She became the first Indian and South Asian actress to be featured on The Oprah Show (April 25, 2005)
– She became the first Indian actress to be interviewed on 60 Minutes.
– She has her wax figure on display at Madame Tussauds’ wax museum, making her the 1st Bollywood and Indian actress to do so (2004).
– She is the first Bollywood star to appear in Rolling Stone magazine (Issue 932, October 2, 2003).
– She is the first Indian actress chosen to be on the jury at the Cannes International Film Festival.
– She has appeared on more magazine covers worldwide than any other Bollywood or Indian star.
– She is the first actress from India to get signed on with the American Library Association and also have a poster made of her for schools and libraries all across America.