Emraan Hashmi’s four-year-old son Ayan detected with cancer
Talking to us about his grand nephew, Mahesh Bhatt said, “I got a call from Emraan at about 12.30 on Monday. He was speaking some garbled words and it was a call that kind of shattered me as he was inconsolable. He was calling from Hinduja Hospital where his four-year-old son Ayan had been diagnosed with a tumour in his kidney that was found malignant. The doctor had suggested immediate surgical intervention after which the road map for the future would be decided and that would probably mean chemotherapy.
He just called and said, ‘The bone marrow scan says it is clear, so it is first-stage cancer and thus curable’. This is the mother of all pains and life cannot get worse than this. It is amazing that Emraan, who broke down yesterday, has transformed into a gladiator who would take all the challenges in his stride. I will make sure as a parent that I will create a firewall around him and protect him. He will do all his professional jobs with the same professional commitment without anything or anybody being affected with minor readjustments.
‘Mr. X’ was to be shot in South Africa from January 18. While the shoot in South Africa has been called off, the film will be shot in Mumbai so that the father stays close to the son in this difficult time.” Kudos to Emraan’s professionalism and may God give him the courage to bring his son out of this pain with painless colours.
Tagged Emraan Hashmi