When Shahrukh’s set India Poochega Sabse Shana Kaun caught on fire
The game show premieres on &TV on Monday, March 2.
The mock rehearsals had gone smoothly with lots of fun and laughter. It was time for a final take.
But as soon as SRK stepped on the floor, the lights flickered and went off.In the ensuing blackout, cries of “Fire, fire!” brought everyone to their feet, panicstricken.
There was talk of a generator catching fire and an SOS call was made to the Chembur fire brigade.An official from the fire brigade confirmed this to Mirror, saying: ‘Yes, we received a call around 7.45 pm and one fire engine rushed to the spot. The fire was due to a short circuit in the wiring and was doused in 10 minutes and there were no injuries.”
A staff member of RK Studio collaborated this: “Yes, there was a fire on the sets and the set had to be evacuated. But as soon as the fire brigade arrived, the situation was brought under control.”
Show producer Siddharth Basu responded to our text message enquiring about the fire saying, “??? There has been a power failure which has been restored.”
Power was restored and shooting resumed around 10 pm.Ah well, where there’s SRK, sparks are bound to fly!
Tagged Shahrukh Khan